Course in Environmental Sciences
- General Characteristics of the Course
- Working Possibilities
- Study Plan [spanish]
- Director: Dr. José María Paruelo
The Course on Environmental Sciences is of four and a half years and its study program is structured in two cycles:
- General Cycle: of two years, equivalent to the Agronomy course, the main purpose of which is to provide a solid basic and general formation;
- Professional Cycle: of two and a half years, in which the specific professional formation is developed providing knowledge related to the Environmental Sciences. To complete the course, the pupil will have to go through an Intensive Cycle constituted by a set of compulsory and complementary activities and by an Intensive Work or thesis. During this cycle, the student will also have to choose among four orientations: Technological, Environmental Policy, Conservation and Management.
The course is structured according to a system of credit assignment. Each course or workshop is awarded a certain amount of credits which are added through the course. Each credit is equivalent to 16 hrs. and the students may course up to 12.5 in two months. To obtain the Licentiate in Environmental Sciences degree, a total of 185.5 credits is required.
- Licentiate in Environmental Sciences
Environmental Sciences reunite the scientific assessment of the environmental potentialities, limitations and susceptibilities, with the development of solutions to problems of environmental quality degradation. They constitute an answer to the requirements to harmonize the development with the quality preservation of renewable natural resources and with the conservation of environmental quality.
The course aims at training professionals with skills to create, design, carry out, implement, maintain, administer and manage productive services and protection projects from an environment-friendly standpoint, to fight against environmental degradation problems and to implement measures to safeguard the environmental quality, undertaking the sustainability and an ethical commitment with the society.
The prospective graduates will be able to:
- evaluate, draft, implement and operate the means to mitigate the damage, relief the environmental degradation and/or sanitation through appropriate technology;
- play a direct role in the identification of pollution and/or degradation sources;
- generate actions and policies that reconcile economic development with environmental sustainability;
- lead management programs and strategies to manage the use, conservation and protection of natural resources;
- evaluate, direct and supervise environmental impact studies;
- participate in interdisciplinary teams that address the solution of environmental problems, with a systematic approach;
- contribute to the construction of legal, regulatory and political frameworks to preserve the natural environment;
- develop scientific research and broaden knowledge on environmental technology.
María Florencia Silva
Tel. +54-11-4-524-8070 ó +54-11-4-524-8000 int 8139 | E-mail: email@example.com