Course in Agri-Food Management
- General Characteristics of the Course
- Working Possibilities
- Plan of Study [spanish]
- Direction: UBA Students Department
- FAUBA Representatives: Dra. Silvia Miyazaki y Dr. Juan J. Grigera Naón
The course in Agri-Food Management has a duration of 4.5 years and is given by the Schools of Agronomy and Veterinarian Sciences. It consists of two cycles:
- General Cycle, of two years, offering education on scientific and technological aspects of the agri-food production, based on mathematical, statistical and chemical notions of the biological system and economic concepts that will later serve as tools for marketing analysis and the design of policies throughout the course. This cycle is equivalent to the General Cycle of Agronomy, or the first two years at the Schools of Veterinarian Sciences, Exact and Natural Sciences, Pharmacy and Biochemistry, and Medicine.
- Professional Cycle, focusing on the systematic study of food chemistry and microbiology, their production, processing and commercialization, financial and industrial regulations; marketing; consumers' habits; food policies and relationships in the agri-food chain. This cycle includes subjects which, due to their orientation, are given at the School of Agronomy or Veterinarian Sciences. A specific number of credits is awarded to each subject.
The course includes professional practice activities at public or private organizations with the aim of overcoming the dichotomy between theory and practice in order to introduce adjustments or to enhance at the place of work the concepts learnt at the university and, at the same time, revalue the professional activity.
Due to its curricular structure, it is considered as a second cycle graduate course and is a training opportunity of recent implementation. In December 2000, the University of Buenos Aires High Council approved the creation of the "Food Program" to open graduate and postgraduate, research and transfer courses in this field. To this end, the Food Department was created, which depends from the Council, formed by representatives of the Schools of Agronomy, Exact and Natural Sciences, Veterinarian Sciences, Pharmacy and Biochemistry and Engineering of this University. The Department's first decision was to approve three new second cycle graduate courses, including "Agri-Food Management" which was launched in August.
- Licentiate in Agri-Food Management
The course in Agri-Food Management is aimed at training professionals with skills to develop diverse production, industrialization and commercialization processes; and provide solid background on the management of economic aspects and sector policies to enhance value, improve production with minimum processing and conservation requirements to suit regional, national and international markets.
The licentiate in Agri-Foods Management is qualified to manage the technology of agri-food chains, total quality of processes and products and the protection of the environment based on sustainability and a systematic approach; and to introduce these products in national and international markets in an increasingly competitive and uncertain context.
Graduates may develop their careers in:
- Agri-food industries: managing technological and biotechnological development and transformation projects which are economically feasible to suit diverse economic and social requirements; controlling product health and quality standards; and to intervene in the interface between technology and the agri-food industry systems.
- Agri-food Manufacturing and Commercialization Companies: monitoring marketing processes at a regional, national or international level; building and supervising diverse technical teams; and contributing to the development of new post-harvesting technologies.
- Public agencies: designing projects to encourage national trade exchanges and public policies to enhance agri-foods quality and market competitiveness.
- Universities: performing teaching activities and contributing to the education of proactive professionals involved in this field; in research projects working in individual or collective projects at public or private organizations; or in extension activities circulating the research achievements and technological breakthroughs.
Consultas por mail email@example.com
Consultas personal o telefónicamente, Dirección de alumnos +54-11-5287-0214