The Laboratory for Special Analytical Services is aimed at providing the productive, scientific-technological and agrarian areas the evaluation of input and products quality.
Centros y Laboratorios
- Train Floriculture and Gardening students on the use of propagation techniques for ornamental herbaceous and woody plants.
- Train Agronomy or Technical courses students on research activities about the propagation of ornamental species.
- Develop techniques and adjustments in the propagation of ornamentals.
To identify underground water sources and establish water quality for irrigation and/or animal or human use.
To evaluate pollution in underground water to be used for agrarian and industrial purposes.
- Dra. Claudia Sainato
The Lab was created in 1984. The main aims pursued are:
- To offer the society access to a prompt and economical chemical analysis service, supported by the solid professional level of a team with wide experience in the field and continuous updating.
- To make accurate and precise chemical evaluations, ensuring quality and translating the results obtained into terms easy to understand by the client.
The Lab is directed by Lic. In Chemical Sciences Alicia Fabrizio de Iorio and Lic. Alicia Rendina, Assistant Director.
The aim of the Laboratory for Agriculture Plastics Evaluation (LEPA) is to provide the agriculture producer with an objective evaluation of the durability and transparence of covers (polietilene films and shadow cloths) for greenhouses, assessing their mechanical and optical properties.
- Dra. Claudia Sainato
The aim of our Lab is to provide technical and scientific support and advise to the agri-food industry as well as to regulatory agencies on issues related to the agri-foods safety and quality.
As far as extension activities are concerned, the lab organizes technical updating courses and provides advisory services to third parties on manufacturing processes and quality control.
- Evaluate the chemical composition of foods used in Animal Production
- Study the effect of diets based on pasture silage with addition of carbohydrates of diverse ruminal degradability on meat and milk quality.
- Contribute to the development of fast and reliable methods to evaluate silage quality by gas production kinetics.
The Lab for Meat Certification was created under an international agreement subscribed in 1999 between the School of Agronomy and the Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) to develop a Joint Project on Environmentally Sustainable Animal Production Systems.
The National Institute of Agrarian Technology (INTA), the Consortium for Regional Development Promotion (CORPRODER) and the Argentine AnGus Association also participate in this project.
The Lasave was created in 1991 in answer to the demand by public and private sectors: business companies, grain producers, extensive and intensive agriculture producers (flowers, fruit and vegetable producers), technicians, advisors and individuals.
This English Language Laboratory, run by the Divisions of English, offers advice services and numerous optional courses.